Stop Shaving

You're thinking about warm weather as you,re freezing at the bus stop and you're thinking: oh man, I should really shave my legs! Shaving is the easiest and one of the cheapest hair removal options. However, it doesn't give the best results. My hair is dark and grows really fast so I couldn't go two days without saving. Also, my hair got darker and thicker after years of shaving. I've tried other options like hair removing creams and waxing at home. Both didn't work for me. 

 That's why I decided to buy a hair remover. Yes, they are scary as hell but I would never go back to my razor. I cried the first few times. Each hair was really thick from shaving and my skin was not liking it. Think about he first time you pluck you eyebrows. Now, transfer that experience to your legs and pits. After a while, the pain level significantly goes down and is very tolerable. My skin doesn't get irritated either. 

 I have to say that the results are AMAZING. Your hair will grow back being much thinner and lighter and your legs will stay smooth for longer. Because the hair become less noticeable, I can wear shorts even if my legs are not freshly done which is not something I could do when I just shaved. I still shave once in a while when I don't have time to do my legs (which takes a solid 20 minutes). No worries, shaving once in a while will not ruin the hair remover work. 

As far as pricing goes, it's an investment. A hair remover is about 50$ but  will last for years! Razor blades are expensive and need to be replaced often so a hair remover is cheaper in the long run.

 Bottom line, I love my hair remover and if you want to try one, be ready to suffer the first few times.  
If you go through that stage, I promise you will be happy with the results!

Do you use one yourself? Have you ever considered trying it?

17 comments:

  1. I wish I could handle using one of those. I tried at one point, but could NOT handle the pain. I knew I wouldn't use it so I ended up returning it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we all have different pain tolerance! I'm sorry it didn't work for you!

      Delete
  2. I remember in the 90s using a epilady and my GOSH was that painful. These days I get laser done and that's saved me a lot of $$ and pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard laser removal is also very painful! What do you think?

      Delete
  3. I also have very thick dark hair and will like to find an option for healthy hair removal. May have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will give you similar results to waxing and it works great on thick hair!

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried this before...may have to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I would not go back to shaving!

      Delete
  5. Would Love a Hair Remover. Sick of daily shaving. They do seem kinda pricey up front but in the long run they are worth it. Maybe one of these days (when I strike the lottery) I will manage to be able to afford one. Lol. Great review, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair remover are cheaper than shaving in the long run but I will admit that they can seem kind of pricey at first!

      Delete
  6. I have to admit I'm pretty afraid of these things. I usually don't shave everyday in the wintertime and in the summer I either wax or shave. The money saving aspect does sound appealing though! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, if you can handle waxing, you can handle a hair remover!

      Delete
  7. I don't like pain, but I really really really don't like shaving so it's worth a try. Is there a specific hair remover that you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend the Philips which is the second one shown above the post. Mine is similar to this one and was also around 30$. I have had it for years and it still works perfectly!

      Delete
  8. This is interesting, but I don't think I could handle the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can handle waxing, you can probably handle it!

      Delete
  9. Yeahhh! Eff shaving! I got an epilator back in undergrad and haven't shaved since, hahaha. It gets the job done so quickly! :]

    ReplyDelete