10 Signs You're A Cheapskate



This blog is all about money, which can be, let's face it, a boring subject.  I truly believe that maintaining a good relationship with money is part of a healthy lifestyle as it help you to make smarter decisions and to be more confidant in your financial situation.  

Your relationship with money can also be unhealthy (I will address this in the future), weather you spend to much or...not enough.  Cheapskatery is sThat's why I decided to share with you 10 signs that you're a cheapskate,  And I'm not talking about that extreme show on TLC.  I would even consider myself as a self-proclaimed cheapskate, kind of.  

Here we go:

1.  You tell people around you to not get you presents because you don't want to spend money to return the favor.

2.  If it's not on sale, there's no way you will buy it.

3.  You always find a reason to ask for an extra discount wherever you go.  Your food was kind of cold?  You ask for a discount!  There's a teeny tiny whole on that shirt?  You ask for a discount instead of picking another one.

4.  Your freezer is packed with a ton of food you scored on great sale at the grocery store.  There's no way you could fit an extra pack of meat in there.

5.  If you car is making a weird noise, you won't have it checked because, well, that will cost money. Oh and I'm sure it's nothing.

6.  You always order the cheapest thing on the menu even if that means you will be having soup.  You know, I'm not hungry at all.

7.  Paying for parking makes you cringe so you spend 15 minutes going around to find a free parking spot.  And the added bonus: you will get to exercise by walking 20 minutes to get to your destination!

8.  You check your bank account all the time because seeing money in there make you feel good, like ridiculously good.

9.  You never have change on you because then you wouldn't have an excuse to not give some to a charity raising money you may run into during your day.

10.  You're proud of your no-spending habits and think people are crazy to not want to be just like you.

If you have more to add to the list, please share!  I could use a good laugh!

12 comments:

  1. This is a great list...I definitely fit some of these! I hardly ever buy something that isn't on sale or I don't have a coupon for! My kids have learned to just not ask....their favorite cereal will go on sale eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the EXACT same thing. And when something I like is on sale, I buy more to have enough until the next time it goes on sale!

      Delete
  2. I used to think I was kinda cheep, but i don't do like any of these :) So now I feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I am officially NOT a cheapskate! LOL As I'm reading this I'm thinking 'do people really do this?', then I remembered someone in my life that actually does just that, lol. My brother, who is in his 40s with a good paying job still proceeds to want to divvy up a check at a restaurant by itemizing it (even down to prorating the tip and tax...I kid you not). If someone orders something that is *way* more expensive than everyone else, okay...I can see them throwing in more, but I'm at the point in my life where I'm not counting pennies, so it's just easier to split the darn check evenly amongst everyone. It all works out in the end anyway! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being cheap can get in the way and be a lot of work! I have to admit that I'm kind of less extreme version than your brother. I hate paying more than what I'm supposed too but I don't mind spending a little bit more if I can avoid calculating after I had a little bit too much to drink ;)

      Delete
  4. #2 + #10 are my life, hahaha. As for #7...I won't even waste gas to spend another 15 minutes looking for a spot near there. I'll just park somewhere super far away beforehand and walk there. :P I don't really do the rest, but one of my favorite money-saving tips is to make all my own food instead of going out to eat! :] So much healthier and my monthly food+grocery bill is always under $100! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under 100$ for a month!!!! I need your secret or maybe groceries are cheaper where you live?

      Delete
  5. I do some of them yes. When our products go on sale, I take an additional package, but I wouldn't consider that cheapskate, just being prudent. For me being cheapskate is like for example ordering always the cheapest thing on the menu, depriving yourself of the pleasure to eat what you may want. On the other hand, maybe that depriving is giving you pleasure?

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the satisfaction of saving as much money as you can is more satisfying to some than eating what they crave!

      Delete