4 Ways To Make A Little Extra Money



If you want to make a little extra money without committing to a new part-time job, this is for you! When being a contractual worker or a full-time student, getting a steady income is mission impossible. That's why you will need to get creative when finding ways to make a little extra money. Here are my tips!

Give private lessons
You've played the piano for years or you are really good at maths? Why don't you try giving private lessons? You don't have to be a certified teacher to do so. However, make sure your potential clients know about that. Also, don't charge as much as a "real" teacher would. By doing that, people who can't afford paying a private teacher can hire you instead!

Babysit 
Babysitting is not just for young teenagers! It's a great (and pretty easy) way to get a little extra cash. Also, when the kids are in bed, you get time for yourself which is a big plus in my opinion! 

Monetize a hobby
If you like to knit, make jewelry or are an amateur graphic designer, what is a hobby for now could become an income. I'm not talking about creating a business that will become a full time job here: open a store on Etsy or bring samples of your work for your coworkers to see. You might score a couple sales! Just make sure that you're okay with this hobby turning into work as you will have deadlines to meet! 

Sell things
We all have useless things that sit in our home: old cellphones, clothes that don't fit anymore, pieces of furniture that are not being used because they don't math are new decor...Let's face it: if you have not used something in a year, chances are you will never use it again. Why don't you sell it? Something that is useless to you will not be to someone else! 

 I know this list doesn't cover every possibility for extra money so if you have an idea, please let me know by commenting!

9 comments:

  1. Great list of ideas! Think I might try selling some of my things that I don't use anymore :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should and then you can treat yourself with the money you made ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I recently just tried Twice, where you sell them your old clothes. A great way to get a little extra money in your pocket!

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My clothes are ususally so worned out when I decide to get rid of them so selling them is not even an option! But it's great that those websites exists!

      Delete
  3. Great tips. I really need to get better at the "if you haven't used it for a year, then you don't need it" concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I declutter a lot by folowing this rule! It's crazy the amount of stuff that can pile up!

      Delete
  4. I'm all about finding secondary sources of income! Whenever I have clothes or appliances that are still in good shape I try to sell them, and what started out as offering personal training sessions to my family and friends has grown into an actual business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Congrats on having your own buisness!

      Delete
  5. These are great, practical ideas. My husband and I are high school ESL teachers--on the side we also take in a few private students. It's fun, because we get to interact with students who are a different age, and it helps with the budget, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete