4 Tips To Save Money On Your Wedding




Find your venue before you set a date.
Most wedding sites will tell you the exact opposite.  Why should you listen to me?  (By the way, you don't have to.)  Well, the perfect venue that fits your style and your budget may not be available on the date you set.  What will you do then?  Find another venue?  If that particular venue is available a week after the date you originally set, why not simply pick that date?  Booking the venue is usually the first task on any wedding to-do list so I would recommend having a general idea of when you wand to get married and then go look at venues.

Don't be afraid to branch out when it's time for ring shopping.
Wedding rings don't have to cost a fortune.  I repeat, wedding rings don't have to cost a fortune.  I already wrote a whole article about the topic: just click here to check it out.  If you don't feel like reading it, here's what you need to remember: Etsy exists, diamonds are not necessary and it's all about what the rings mean, not what they cost.

Save on stamps.
I got this tip from people who did send out wedding invitations.  Collecting your guests' addresses, writing them out on your fancy envelopes and putting the invitations together is time consuming.  And don't even get me started with stamps prices. They are $1 here in Canada.  It adds up people!  I'm planning on using PicMonkey to make my invitations and send them by email.  It's easier, faster, cheaper and I'm more likely to get replied to.  

Take advantage of people around you.
Some of your friends and family members probably have some talents that could be put to good use.  You may already know your D.J, photographer or cake master!  You can offer to pay them for their work but it will definitely be cheaper than hiring professional.  It will also be less stressful to deal with people that you know, especially on your wedding day!  Don't forget to return the favor!

My wedding is in August so I'm sure I will have a lot more tips to share until then!

If you or someone you know has gotten married recently, what is one tip you would share? I need your help ladies! 

8 comments:

  1. These are awesome tips! My husband and I stuck to a pretty strict budget for our wedding, and we realized that flexibility is the biggest factor in not breaking the budget. You don't have to do things just because "that's how it is" (the wedding date/venue idea, stamps, etc.). We had guests reply online to save on return postage, we skipped hors d'oeuvre and went straight into dinner, we got creative with our ring purchasing (an $18 band from Amazon for him!), etc. I also enlisted help from lots and lots of friends. People generally love to be included and want to help. Thanks for inspiring many other brides to keep it simple and be flexible! I think this kind of attitude also helps majorly with stress levels approaching and during the big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see that I'm not alone! Some websites (hello Pinterest) can make us have unrealistic expectations!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I'm already married but we had a frugal wedding and we used some of these tips. While I of course wanted a nice wedding, it's one day so we didn't want to go crazy! I'm very happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I tell myself too, it's just one day and I would rather spend my money on something a bit more important like a house, you know? ;)

      Delete
  3. Great tips! Also, having your wedding in off-season months can land you the venue of your dreams for loads cheaper. Also, try a Friday night wedding instead of Saturday... or a Saturday brunch reception (that's what we did and I LOVED it). And so true about postage - it can so easily be saved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grilfriend! I visited your blog and I LOVE it! You got a new follower over here!

      Delete
  4. These are excellent tips. We saved money during our wedding planning by prioritizing what was actually important or what we felt would make an impact. For example: I didn't decorate the aisle much because, well...hopefully people were looking more at me and less at the lanterns lining the edges. :) We were able to create the kind of day that I wouldn't have changed even if we'd had tens of thousands more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tip! There are always little details you can add here and there but you have to stop at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete