I Found My Wedding dress...Online



As you may know, I'm getting married in August.  A few weeks after I got engaged, I started looking for dresses online to figure out what styles I liked.  It was not long before I realized that wedding dresses are expensive!  I'm guilty of watching Sat Yes To The Dress a lot more than I should so I have seen my fair share of brides picking dresses that are over 10k.  I could get myself a car for that much, I'm not going to spend it on a dress I will wear for a few hours only!

I didn't have a set budget in mind when I was shopping around the Web but I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable spending over 500$.  I know that's a lot less than what most brides would spend but that's just how I am,  If I'm going to spend a lot on an item, it has to be something that I absolutely love and that I will be able to wear on multiple occasions.

You could be surprised to learn that my wedding jewelry was more expensive than my dress.  I picked a gorgeous ring and a pair of earrings that are both durable.  I know I will get a lot of wear out of them after the wedding so I didn't mind splurging!

How about the dress?  Sadly, I can't show you the exact one I picked yet since there's chance my fiancé will see it!  I will tell you that I found it on 1861.ca and that I paid less than 150$ for it.  Dresses tend to sell out quickly on there so I knew I didn't have a lot of time to make the decision to order a mine.  I saw my dress for the first time in the morning and ordered it in the afternoon.  That was not SYTDD worthy but that worked for me!

I have to say that I was a little skeptical about the quality of the dress and I have to say I was surprised!  It was just as pictured and it fits perfectly!  What a relieve.  I had seen dresses that were in the same price range but they all seemed to be from ramdom stores located in China. Good luck on sending the dress back to China if it doesn't fit!

That's the little story behind my wedding dress!  If you're a bride, I would love to know where you found your dress!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this site!! I have heard horror stories about the dresses not being as described. It is great to know that this one is legit! I will be book marking this for when I get engaged. (which I am hoping isn't too far out..) $150 is a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a ton of girls that purchased dresses from them and they were all very happy! I hope you get to shop on there soon ;)

      Delete
  2. What a steal!! Good for you for choosing something affordable, especially since you will only wear it once!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I strongly believe that a dress doesn't have to be expensive to make you happy!

      Delete
  3. Wow that is amazing! I was really skeptical about buying my dress online so I ended up buying it from a local boutique..it was on sale but still upwards of $500...you definitely got a steal!

    http://erinssharings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 500$ is not bad! And your dress was very pretty (I looked it up on your blog!) You have a gorgeous hair color by the way (kind of ramdom but true)!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! You can find beautiful dresses for less money.

    XOXO,
    Summer Ann
    Simply Summer Ann Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way. I've never purchased a wedding dress so maybe I'll change my mind when the time comes, but even if I had loads of money I can't imagine dropping thousands of dollars on something I'll wear once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had always told myself that I would not spend much on my wedding dress whenever I would get engaged but I have to say that I almost changed my mind. I didn't want to buy a "cheap" dress and regret it later. I still kept shopping for inexpensive dresses and I'm glad I did because I fell in love with mine! I know I won't regret that purchase!

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I am happy you found a nice dress!

    ReplyDelete