Shopping For Spring On A Budget



 It's "starting" to look like spring (not really but I'm being optimistic right here) which mean it will be time to make a wardrobe transition. While the cheapest and easiest way to do it is just to wear what you had last years, I understand wanting to add a few pieces to your closet. 

Before you go shopping, take all of your summer clothes out of your closet to go through them. Make sure to try one everything you're not sure will fit and make a pile with clothes you didn't wear last summer, Let's face it: if you never reached for that shirt last year, why would you want to wear it this time around? Add to that pile everything that looks outdated or too worn out. This process will also make you take a look at what you already have which is key before you go shopping because you can now figure out what you want to add to your collection. 

 **I have a personal rule when it come to shopping: when I buy something, I have to get rid of something. I recommend you try it if you want to avoid clutter.**

 Now it's time for the fun part: shopping! First of all, I will send you to this post which is all about how smart shopping can make you save money. 

 Now, here's a list of pieces that are staples (in my opinion) for the warmer months. They are not "trendy" which means you will be able to wear them for the years to come and some of them can also make the transition to fall and winter. As you can probably tell, I'm all about stretching a buck!

White T-Shirt
I would get fitted one and another one with a looser fit. They look especially great with jeans but they will go with almost every bottom. They are also a great transition piece as they can replace the dark tops you're currently wearing under your cardigans to make them work for spring.


Black t-shirt dress 
I got one two years ago and I can't get enough of it. It's a very casual piece but I can dress it up by adding a belt and accessories. You're probably wondering: why would you want a black dress for the summertime? Well, it will look totally appropriate for the days with colorful shoes and accessories but the dress being black makes it a staple for a night out. it can also transition into fall with tight, booties and an over sized cardigan!

Light cardigans 
They are a must-have for spring but also for chilly summer mornings and evenings. While white and tan cardigans are staple, you can also have fun with colors! Just make sure the cardigans you pick match some of your tops and dresses. I wear my cardigans all year round by wearing darker tops underneath in the fall and winter.
Nude underwears 
That one is boring but essential. Warmer months means wearing lots of light colors and thin fabrics so you will need that nude bra and pantie duo. 

Cute dresses
Summer dresses are my weakness. They are flattering, comfortable in the hot weather and make you look glam with no effort. They are not exactly staples but by picking dresses wisely, they will be a good investment. First of all, simple dresses don't go out of style very quickly. I have had some for years and I'm still excited about wearing them this year. Also, most of my dresses can be worn to work as I make sure they are long enough and that they cover what should be covered at the office. I also have cardigans that I can wear over dresses that are not so work-appropriate. Bottom line, make sure the dress you buy can be worn at multiple occasions and that it's more classic than trendy.


Shopping on a budget doesn't necessarily means buying cheap clothes: it also means buying items that you can get a lot of uses out of. 

 What are you the most excited about in spring fashion? (My answer would be dresses but you probably already figured that out!)

10 comments:

  1. Such great finds! I love cardigans and dresses for Spring! And these are right within my budget! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing these tips!

    http://storybookapothecary.com | stop by and say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about dresses! I cannot wait until it's warm enough to wear spring dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's this time again! I am planning on buying a few things this season, particularly white, grey and grey tees (loose fit) and perhaps a new dress. Love this blog post, great tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of loose fit tees...I will be sad when they go out of style! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of taking out all my summer clothes and going through them before the actual season...a great idea for all seasons! Great list too, definitely all necessary pieces!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot coming from afashion blogger!

      Delete