Creating My Own Job



If you have been on here in the last few weeks, you know that I have too much free time.  I recently came to the conclusion that I need more than little projects to keep myself busy and motivated.  I also want to use my knowledge and my skills in my daily life to grow as a person and to make my career progress.  Painting and cooking is fun but it's not going to help this girl to become an accomplished professional.   

I have always admired business owners because, let's say it,  they've got balls.  Investing time and money in a project that could fail takes courage and determination.  One of my dreams is to own my own company but I'm not at a point in life where I feel comfortable investing thousand of dollars to make this dream come true.  

That's why it made sense to build my own website: it requires a good concept, a lot of work and a little money.    I'm not going to share the concept behind it because it's not on point yet but I can tell you it's something I'm really passionate about.  Working on it will not be a chore but I know it will be very time consuming and I'm ready for that.  I also want to make sure that I have a solid business plan and that my marketing strategy is on point.

Basically. my goal is to create a part-time job that I love.  I will take advantage of summer break to make that project come to reality so it's ready when school starts again.  I'm still hoping to get a teaching job this summer but no matter what ends up happening, I will still be working on that website.

This blog has been a great learning opportunity and now I feel ready to start this brand new project.  I will be keeping up with Emilie TalkS because I love it.  I love writing and connecting with other bloggers and I'm not ready to let that go.   

At this point you may be wondering how this project is going to help my teaching career.  Honestly, it won't.  I don't believe that you have to restrict yourself to what you went to school for when you make choices regarding your career.  

I'm excited to share that new journey with you all and I hope you stick around!

P.S.  The new website will be launched September 1st.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your self reflection, and I think the goal of creating a website is great! I started creating website (mostly for myself, my businesses) in the late 90s! And although blogs are great, and easy to make, websites get way more traffic from Google searches! (A little know secret, shhh... LOL!) Just make sure you also create the mobile version of your site! (I did mine through my host, Netfirms.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your tips! I have been doing a ton of research and I know I still have a lot to learn!

      Delete
  2. I have also decided to create my own part time job. I really enjoy blogging about my journey to a more healthy lifestyle. I find it rewarding and not like "work" at all. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's so great to find something that doesn't feel like work!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of creating a job that you love, and props to you for being productive with your summer break! :D Looking forward to seeing what you end up creating! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to share it but I want to make sure everything is "perfect" before I do!

      Delete
  4. Hooray! Your new site will be great and good for you for going for your dreams. As a recent substitute teacher, I totally understand how frustrating it is to not have a steady income or things to work on; it's why I'm going to be blogging full time this summer to keep myself happy, passionate and motivated!

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with blogging full time! Working on projects we're passionate about is a great gift to ourselves!

      Delete