My Money Pet-Peeves



This is my face when I hear people around me talking about money sometimes. Here are my money pet peeves:

"I'm poor."
Saying that you're poor is a bold statement, especially when you are wearing Micheal Kors boots and driving a brand new car. No, you're not poor. You spent all you money, that's different.

"I saved money by buying [a thing] on sale."
You went in that store with $20 in you pockets, bought that new eyeshadow palette for $10 instead of $15.  You spent $10, you didn't save $5.  My definition of saving money is different than yours, I guess.

"Life is so expensive."
Life doesn't cost a thing my dear.  They way you're living it makes it expensive.   

"I don't have the money for that, I will just use my credit card."
You just said it: you don't have the money for that.  Please understand that your credit card is not giving you extra money.

"I I had the money, I would [insert wild dream here]."
Well, you don't have the money.  Why don't you enjoy what you have now?

I was probably guilty of saying one of those at some point and know that I still love you even if you tell me that you're poor because life it's expensive.

Do you have any money pet peeves?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.. yes! I am naturally a saver not a spender, so I often don't "get" some people's spending habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I just say I am broke. It covers all the truths. I found xyz on sale at WINCO and bought 6. That is usually my biggest problem but my freezer is full so we won't starve. :) Great points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same for food because I know we will end up eating it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying again... I can't brain today... My pet peeve is the "we could never live without cable service [insert other luxury item here]." Yes, yes you absolutely could. Also people who buy junk they don't need on a credit card. Nothing like buying a $20 shirt at Ross now that you'll pay $30 for next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I even have an entire post dedicated only to the difference between wanting and needing! (http://emilietalks.blogspot.ca/2015/02/wanting-vs-needing.html).

      Delete
  5. I'm poor because life is expensive.

    hahaha, JUST KIDDING. I'm poor because out-of-state tuition at my medical school is disgustingly expensive, but I'm trying to remedy that by living as frugally as possible + borrowing as little as possible, because living on imaginary government money (aka student loans) with astronomical interest rates is not how I'd like to spend the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete