Worth The Splurge?



I'm the kind of person who still wears and loves jeans snapped 8 years ago for $20.  My love for things (and people) don't go away very easily.  That being said, is it worth it to splurge on certain items sometimes?

Yes, definitely.

My dad once told me: I'm not rich enough to buy cheap.  What he meant is that, in the long run, you save money buy purchasing one quality item that will last for years instead of buying the cheaper item that will have to be replaced often.  Basically, splurging can be worth it.

Is it always true?

No.

If you like to keep up with trends and enjoy constantly updating your closet, buying cheaper items is smarter.  They won't last for very long but chances are you will no longer want to wear them after a while anyway.

I have a love affair with timeless accessories and they are what I tend to splurge on.  I decided to share with you my biggest splurges of the last few years.


I got this watch three years ago and I'm still in love with it.  It makes a great statement and dresses up any outfit.  



This is the Grace Roots bag in tribal leather.  The quality of this bag is unbelievable and the leather ages beautifully.  I have had it for two years and it's pretty much the only bag I wear.


This is a Lauren by Ralph Lauren Tate Classic Leather Tote.  I scored this baby on sale about a year ago while I was looking for a good "teacher bag".  This is large enough to fit all my necessities for a day at work and doubles up as a overnight bag for the weekends. Mine is a lighter tan color but it was discontinued.  


Vintage Style Tiffany White Sapphire Solitaire in Sterling Silver - Engagement Ring, Promise Ring, or Birthstone Ring

Last but not least, my most recent splurge is this white sapphire solitaire set in sterling silver.  I got it to wear on my right hand on my wedding day because it matches my dress better than my gold wedding set (oops).  Solitaires are timeless and I enjoy paring this ring with pretty much every outfit!

I would love it you could share one item you splurged on and that you absolutely love!

10 comments:

  1. nice post, I have such a hard time spending a lot of money on things. I do think splurges can be worth it, love that watch and both bags by the way!

    http://erinssharings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love them too! I also used to have a hard time spending a big chunk of money on something but apparently I got used to it ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the splurges. I am a transitioning cheapie. I used to NEVER EVER splurge. I am now finding more and more things that I feel are worth spending money on as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And I so agree that sometimes you have to splurge on something that is really good quality that you know will last and you know you'll use regularly. I LOVE that watch!! That was a great buy :). I definitely tend to invest in good leather bags. Not all the time, but, I love nice quality leather that ages well and always looks good. My biggest splurge item though was a right hand ring after I divorced. I hated not being able to wear my engagement ring anymore simply because it was the nicest piece of jewelry I had ever owned! So, I wanted to get something else, but something that I bought for myself. It took me several years to find 'the one' ring that I wanted, but I wear it every single day and still love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That watch is my baby! And I do love good leather bags too. I love the idea of buying yourself a nice piece of jewelry after you divorced! What a great gift to yourself. A strong and independant woman doesn't need a man to get what she wants!

      Delete
  4. I'm probably frugal to a fault, but only because my life is way too on-the-go to at the moment to really invest in something that I can tote around with me (I've basically been moving every year, and after next month, will be moving every 2-4 weeks ._.). That being said, I did splurge on a rice cooker 3 years ago and have selected it as the kitchen contraption that gets to travel the country with me! :D! I can make pretty much everything in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a practical splurge! It's probably smarter to be frugal in your situation but it will pay off when you're a doctor :)

      Delete
  5. I definitely think it is worth splurging on stuff you're going to wear or use on repeat!

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete